In April 2019 the Brazil FFN was founded, the first regional network in Latin America.
The Brazil FFN mission, as well as the global FFN, is to optimize the multidisciplinary management of patients with fragility fractures, including secondary prevention (which is the prevention of the next fracture in people who have already suffered their first fracture).
- To create a network of professionals who are activists in the propagation and development of knowledge about everything related to fragility fractures.
- To disseminate the best multidisciplinary practices and healthcare system models for the treatment of fractures caused by fragility at all phases.
- To guarantee that all fragility fractures become an opportunity to systematically prevent new fractures.
- To promote research destined to improve the quality of service for patients with fragility fractures.
- To influence the construction of a national policy on care for patients with fragility fractures.
- To produce educational material for patients, relatives, and healthcare professionals aimed at the better management of fragility fractures.